Job Vacancy Details
We are recruiting for an ambitious, professional, resilient and respectful:
Lecturer in Supported Learning (SSL)
Salary up to £24,791.90 (£35,417 FTE), up to £30,662.80 (£43,804 FTE) if accessing full flexible pay options.
25.9 (0.7 FTE) hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Benefits to Support Work Life Balance: 47 days annual leave + Bank holidays pro rata. Flexible work, holiday and pay options.
- To teach learners with learning difficulties and disabilities within the Supported Learning Area of the College
- Teaching a variety of core units focused around work skills, employability and independent living.
- Strong focus on pastoral support and progression against individualised learner targets.
- Embed functional skills Maths and English as part of the ongoing programme.
- To communicate with external agencies/ participate in multi-agency working and networking to support EHCP outcomes.
- Highly motivated Supported Learning Tutor, with a range of industry experience.
- Good organisational skills coupled with the flexibility and ability to work responsively to the needs of the learners within a variety of settings.
- Experience of multi strand teaching approaches for learners with learning disabilities, coupled with high levels of differentiation within the classroom environment.
- Well organised and hold an excellent range of communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft IT packages.
- Minimum GCSE grade 4 / C in English & Maths or equivalent.
- Willingness to work towards teaching qualification / or to hold a teaching qualification.
Ideal attributes of applicant:
- You will be comfortable talking and engaging with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a highly organised, collaborative and enthusiastic team player.
- You will have a keen interest in our industry and willing to undergo further training and development.
- You will be ambitious and want to drive to maintain our high standards.
- You are ambitious, professional, respectful and resilient, thriving in a high trust and high performance culture.
- You can make a significant contribution in our mission to provide excellence and opportunity in both technical and professional education, training and apprenticeships.
- 47 days holiday + Bank Holidays pro rata.
- Car Charging Points.
- Flexible Pay - Access to TPS or NEST pension schemes
- Flexible Holiday - Buy and Sell Holiday options
- Flexible working - Working from Home and Hybrid delivery and hybrid Working
- Internal service discounts
- Health & Wellbeing Support Packages
If you are looking to make a career change, and get into teaching, we will fully support you to be successful by offering you the time to complete the course and 100% financial support towards the cost of the course; as a college we are committed to your personal development and our mission is to ensure that all members of our learning community grow and develop #BeBetter. Further information about transitioning to the FE sector can be found here: Share your skills and teach in further education - Teach in further education - gov.uk (campaign.gov.uk).
Further details: Job Description & Person Specification