94% of learners say they would recommend the College to a friend and overall satisfaction climbs
Upon completion of their courses a total of 781 learners aged 16-19 took part in the annual exit survey that benchmarked Eastleigh College positively against 1,377,178 responses from over 100 Colleges across the country.
The latest exit survey follows benchmarking undertaken over several years by QDP to rate results for the College and the results provide an honest reflection of their performance against others. The 16-19 exit survey results are used alongside induction and other sources of learner feedback to underpin the College’s continuous improvement efforts.
The top 10 exit survey highlights are below with each exceeding the external benchmark:
- Course challenged me to develop my skills & ability, 96%
- Feedback gave clear guidance on how improve work, 94%
- Received good support to help me learn & progress, 95%
- I was set challenging targets, 93%
- Skills learnt on course prepare me to take next step, 93%
- Treated fairly with respect by Eastleigh College, 95%
- Felt safe & secure when on Eastleigh College premises, 95%
- Experience of Equality & Diversity at Eastleigh College is positive, 96%
- I would recommend the College to a friend, 94%
- Happy with my experience at Eastleigh College, 94%
Despite all of the challenges presented by the pandemic the 16-19 exit survey outcomes conclude a very positive 2020/21 which has seen Eastleigh College learners and staff enjoy multiple successes. Most recently these included:
- Learner successes celebrated at annual awards, link here
- Staff excellence recognised at annual awards, link here
- Learner excellence recognised at global BTEC awards, link here
- College staff team wins national award on national ‘thank a teacher day’, link here
- Eastleigh College in 2021 top 50 most inclusive workplaces index, link here.
Following the 16-19 exit survey Paul Cox, Chief Executive and Principal thanked staff for their individual contributions over the past year which have clearly had an incredibly positive impact on our learners. He said: “The results of the external learner survey provided by QDP is a fantastic way to draw the 2020/21 academic year to a close especially in the face of all the challenges we have collectively faced, and also serves as a great ‘springboard’ for 2021/22.”
Eastleigh College is still taking applications for places starting in September 2021. Apply online or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.
Eastleigh College welcome MSK Development Chef for special training session
Hospitality and Catering learners have been treated to a training day by the UK’s leading supplier of specialist ingredients.
Eastleigh College Business Students supporting Mental Health Week
Level 2 Business and Management learners have undertaken a challenge from Solent Mind to develop and deliver an awareness workshop for Year 9 pupils at a local school.