Employers who are considering hiring employees or offering work experience could be entitled to funding and grants to cover all or part of the costs to ensure businesses are able to develop their workforce at a minimum cost and continue to thrive.
Supporting SMEs in the Solent region with skills training
Eastleigh College has already enabled thousands of employers in the local business community to secure funding and grants for delivering apprenticeships, NVQs and VRQs. We are also able to offer economies of scale on enrolments for multiple learners and will do everything possible to deliver the highest standard of training at the best price.
We work closely with the team of expert advisers at The Solent Apprenticeship Hub. The Hub offers free, impartial and practical advice to help businesses grow through tailored skills solutions for new and existing staff. The Hub is funded through the European Social Fund (ESF) and supported by Southampton City Council, Portsmouth City Council, Hampshire County Council, Isle of Wight Council, Solent Local Enterprise Partnership, Portsmouth University, Solent University.
The Hub manages the Transfer to Transform scheme providing an opportunity for large businesses to reduce wastage of their unspent apprenticeship levy and to demonstrate corporate social responsibility by supporting the creation of apprenticeships for local people.
Get ready to use the Apprenticeship Service by April 2021
This video gives a brief overview about the main elements and the different functions that make up the apprenticeship service. The intention is that from April 2021, all apprenticeships will be arranged by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) through the apprenticeship service.
The following links open in new windows:
- Before 31 March 2021, claim incentive payments for employers who hire a new apprentice. (Incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice introduced in the Plan for Jobs will be extended to 31 March 2021.
- Before April 2021, create an Apprenticeship Service account to manage apprenticeships
- Education & Skills Funding Agency information vidoes
- The range of financial incentives are available for employers who are considering hiring employees or offering work experience
- Information about employing an apprentice and how apprenticeship funding works