Skills Bootcamps – part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee, helping everyone gain skills for life.
If you’re aged 19 and over and looking to change sectors or progress in your current industry, a Skills Bootcamp could be your next step to a better job.
What are Skills Bootcamps?
Skills Bootcamps are being delivered in Green Technologies with training in Heat Pump and systems, Unvented, Water regs and Part L regulations and are flexible courses of up to 16 weeks, giving people the opportunity to build up sector specific skills and fast-track to an interview with an employer.
- The course is fully funded and free for learners (subject to eligibility).
- Aligned with local and national demand for skills, ensuring that people have direct line of sight to a job and support people to get skills for life.
- This training is for adults who are either in work, self-employed, or returning to work after a break.
- Great for individuals looking to boost their career through upskilling
Employer benefits of Skills Bootcamps
They help your business:
- Develop a loyal and talented workforce with the skills you need quickly
- Futureproof your business in a rapidly changing labour market
- Improve your productivity; learners are motivated to learn new skills, provide new ideas and a fresh perspective
- Get access to a pipeline of skilled adults by working with existing Skills Bootcamp providers
- Funding is available large employers contribute only 30% of the cost, and small or medium employers (SMEs with max 250 staff) contribute only 10%.
Solent Partners has successfully secured over £1.2m from the Department for Education (DfE) to support the establishment of Skills Bootcamps for the Solent region. This funding will boost for the Solent's workforce, ensuring employers have access to new talent, and individuals acquire the skills to get the type of jobs that they aspire to.
Register your interest now and one of our team will be in touch.
Skills Bootcamps at Eastleigh College