East Avenue Restaurant will be reopening on Thursday 23 September 2021.
To keep our college community and visitors as safe as possible, we will continue to have additional Covid secure measures for diners at the East Avenue Restaurant.
- Facemasks are personal choice
- Card Payment only – no cash or cheques are accepted at the College any more
- Customers are NOT required to have lateral flow test before coming to East Avenue – but you must be Covid Symptom free (This may change – so please be advised that testing may be introduced if the College policy changes at any point)
- Restriction on Capacity – still limiting numbers at the beginning to acclimatise learners and customers and to ensure comfort for everyone
Please park in the main car park which is accessed from Cherbourg Road. You will see a sign for East Avenue Restaurant on the board.
Please access the College via the rear entrance.
East Avenue restaurant is an oasis at Eastleigh College, offering modern British cuisine to members of the public at very reasonable prices. The restaurant is staffed by learners studying Hospitality and Catering at the College, and allows them to develop their skills and experience by offering a professional restaurant service.
Hospitality learners have the opportunity to practise their customer service skills, waiting tables and behind the licensed bar, while the catering learners create a wide range of dishes to an extremely high standard.
We are now taking bookings for the whole year of 2021 & 2022 (including Christmas)
- Our lunch menu offers a choice of dishes over three courses for £11.95 per person
- Our dinner menu is a Set Taster Menu put on by our Level 3 learners and is £22.95 per person
- Christmas Lunches will require a pre order and are £15.95 per person. Christmas dinner is £25.95 per person
Gift vouchers are available to purchase. Please contact us for more information.
|13 September||Start of term|
|25 to 29 October||Half term|
|24 December to 3 January||College closure for festive season|
|4 January||Start of term|
Round up of our 2020/21 academic year
- All learners have completed and achieved – 100% success
- Our level 3 learners have been offered some incredible jobs!
Some of the jobs include – Chewton Glen, Inn the Park – New restaurant opened up by the owners of the Chesil Restaurant, The Pig in Wall, Pig in Forest, Miller and Carter, Harbour Hotel to name a few of them
- One of our learners has been accepted to the Exclusive Chef Academy and will be based at The Royal Berkshire Hotel
We have also had some amazing Tutor/Team achievements this year – As a result of the amazing work that the team have done with their learners
Awards have been given: -
- The Hospitality Team won Silver Award at the Pearson’s Education Award for FE Team of the year – We have a chance in November to claim the GOLD – so will keep you posted
- Greg Cheeseman – Chef Lecturer won the Bronze Award at the Pearson’s Education for Lecturer of the year
- Greg Cheeseman – Chef Lecturer is shortlisted for the finals of the Public Sector Catering Awards in Education
- Rich Carter – Chef Lecturer won the Digital and Technology Award at the Eastleigh College Staff Awards
- Greg Cheeseman – Chef Lecturer won the Teaching and Assessing Award at the Eastleigh College Staff Awards
Join our mailing list
You can also keep up to date with events and special offers by joining our mailing list. Please contact us to let us know if you'd like to be added to the list.
Follow us on social media
Going for Gold in National Teaching Awards
The Hospitality and Catering Team at Eastleigh College is in the running to win one of the 15 Gold Pearson National Teaching Awards after winning FE Team of the Year in the Pearson National Teaching Silver Awards for their outstanding commitment to changing the lives of the young people they work with every day.
The first MSK Academy in the South opens at Eastleigh College for advanced professional cookery
Strong industry connections and commitment to training future chefs have led to Eastleigh College becoming the first prestigious MSK Academy in the South and one of only four in the UK. Learners benefit from the partnership by having access to the highly functional MSK branded ingredients they can expect to use in industry.