Working for Eastleigh College
Eastleigh College is a leading technical and professional college in the UK. As a true ‘anchor institution’ for the region we have worked tirelessly to deliver successful careers, business prosperity and strong communities for all our learners, partners and staff.
We are a College that looks beyond today, we are driven by our values. Ambition, Professionalism, Resilience, Respect and FREDIE with our values underpinning everything that we do.
We have a great reputation for providing learners and staff alike with the opportunity to achieve excellence within a stimulating and supportive environment.
The College is an advocate of its foundational values – Ambition, Professionalism, Resilience, Respect and FREDIE, to further determine our commitment to societal issues the College has signed the City of Sanctuary pledge and is supportive and proactive in its approach to sustainability.
We are looking for individuals to join our team who share these values and principles.
- You are ambitious, professional, respectful and resilient, you thrive in a high trust and high-performance culture.
- You can make a significant contribution in our mission to provide excellence and opportunity in both technical and professional education, training and apprenticeships.
- You are committed to a sustainable future.
- You are a champion of equality and diversity.
- You want to work for an employer that has strong values and purpose, whilst also offering sector leading flexibilities for all.
- You are committed, bold and tenacious.
- You have a desire to ensure our learners have the best chance of success at every step of their journey with us.
- You will need to be comfortable talking and engaging with a range of key stakeholders from learners, staff and external stakeholders.
- You will be a highly organised and enthusiastic team player.
- You will have a keen interest in our industry and willing to undergo further training and development.
- You will be ambitious and want to drive to maintain our high standards.
If you are looking to make a career change, and get into teaching, we will fully support you; as a college we are committed to your personal development and our mission is to ensure that all members of our learning community grow and develop #BeBetter. Further information about transitioning to the FE sector can be found here: Share your skills and teach in further education - Teach in further education - gov.uk (campaign.gov.uk).
Support and Flexible Benefits:
The College offers a number of flexible approaches and benefits to support working life balance, enabling employees to create the right balance for them. These options include Flexible Working (Formal and Informal), Flexible Holiday (Buy and Sell) and Flexible Pay.
The flexible package value is detailed on each advert, with all employees having the option to access this package. Further information can be found within the College Policy document which will be made available once you have joined our employment.
If you are interested in joining us, please have a look at our vacancies; all of the roles we are recruiting for currently are shown below:
- Adult and Online Manager
- Adult and Online Team Leader
- Adult Community Learning Tutor
- Engagement & Learner Recruitment Assistant
- Learning Support Assistants
- Lecturer in Counselling (Sessional)
- Lecturer in Electrical Installation
- Lecturer in English
- Lecturer in Human Resources
- Lecturer in Mathematics
- Lecturer in Refrigeration
- Learner Hub Receptionist
- Online Trainer - Health & Social Care
- Plumbing Lecturer
- Quality, Compliance and Improvement Officer
- Trainer in Hospitality & Catering
How to apply:
The college accepts CVs in the first instance, if you are invited to interview we will require additional information, a pro forma will be sent to you. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) Checks:
Eastleigh College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and our learners. As an education provider, we follow the Keeping Children Safe in Education “KCSIE” guidance. As part of the recruitment and onboarding process we follow the guidance regarding, References, DBS and vetting checks for job applicants. These checks will take place either prior to interview or between interview and offer.
As part of the shortlisting process, colleges are advised that best practice is to carry out an online search on shortlisted candidates. This practice will help identify any incidents or issues that have happened, and are publicly available online. Any information gained will be held for 6 months for unsuccessful candidates and for the period of their employment for appointed staff. Any concerns flagged will be discussed as part of the shortlisting process.
References are required prior to appointment. Previous employment references may be sought prior to interview, if you do not wish for us to contact your referees prior to interview please notify us in your covering email. All references should cover the previous 5 years of employment, if you do not have service employment for the previous 5 years, we will require a written statement regarding this and a character reference.
DBS & Vetting Checks:
In line with our policies and procedures, pre-employment checks will be carried out to determine your suitability to be engaged in regular activity with our learners, as per the Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) document. All offers of appointment are made subject to satisfactory outcome of references, Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, right to work evidence, qualifications and medical clearance.
All decisions surrounding Recruitment are made on reasonable and objective information, therefore we may need to discuss anything identified from References, DBS or your vetting checks during the recruitment process. If anything is to be discussed you will be informed in advance.
Two Refrigeration and Air Con learners make World Skills national final
Luke Haile and Peter Smith from Eastleigh College have emerged victorious in their regional heats to make the World Skills Refrigeration and Air Conditioning national final in November
Hospitality learners win Innovation Award in Young Restaurant Team of the Year grand final
Hospitality learners Ed, Mia and Rishi have taken home the Innovation Award in the Young Restaurant Team of the Year competition.