To become an apprentice, you must:
- be 16 or over
- not already be in full-time education
- live in England
You can start an apprenticeship whether you’re starting your career, want a change or you're upskilling in your current job. You can have a previous qualification like a degree and still start an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- learn and train for a specific job
- get paid and receive holiday leave
- get hands-on experience in a real job
- study for at least 20% of your working hours - usually at a college, university or with a training provider
- complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship
- be on a career path with lots of future potential
At Eastleigh College we have a dedicated programme to support apprentices in finding an employer and an apprentice matching service for employers which includes regular events at the College.
Contact our Learner Recruitment team by emailing BeBetter@eastleigh.ac.uk or by calling 023 8091 1000 to find out more.