Unleash the potential
Eastleigh College is offering employers the opportunity to support the next generation of skilled employees through traineeships.
What is a traineeship?
A traineeship is a skills development programme that includes a work experience placement.
Traineeships help prepare young people aged 19 to 25 for employment or an apprenticeship, at the same time as enabling employers to help train and nurture employees of the future.
We are looking for employers to work with us and benefit from increased capacity and productivity courtesy of our trainees.
- Traineeships are funded by the Government which means they are free to the employer, although you can choose to support trainees with expenses such as transport and meals
- Employers who make new work placement opportunities available may be eligible for an
incentive payment of £1,000 per learner for up to ten learners per region
- A traineeship is the chance to get to know and work with a young person to see if
they’re right for an apprenticeship or job in your business
- Employers can design a bespoke work programme which is of benefit to both the needs
of the trainee and their own business
- Employers can use the opportunity to develop current employees’ experience in training
- Traineeships provide employers with the fast track on recruiting new talent for their
- Traineeships can last from 12 weeks up to six months
- Employers provide the work experience and Eastleigh College will support by providing qualifications in maths, English and digital skills
We are on hand at all times to offer support and guidance to employers, in return we ask that they provide:
- a safe, meaningful and high-quality work experience placement
- a minimum of 70 hours of work experience placement over the duration of the traineeship (if the trainee claims benefits, the placement cannot last longer than 240 hours)
- constructive feedback and advice to the trainee
- an interview for an apprenticeship or job in their organisation at the end of the traineeship if one is available
- an exit interview at the end of the traineeship with meaningful written feedback if no job is available
Register your interest in taking on a trainee now and one of our team will be in touch.