Job Vacancies Details
Head of MIS & Funding
Salary: up to £60,000 per annum (fixed by the corporation & open to negotiations for an outstanding candidate)
Hours: 37 per week, 52 weeks per year.
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: 3rd July 2020.
Eastleigh College is one of the country's few 'Beacon Colleges', recognised for our high standards of teaching and achievement. We are proud to be in the top ten per cent of general further education colleges nationally, being recognised widely for our high standards of teaching and learner support. Our last Ofsted inspection in 2018 judged the College to be ‘Good’. We are number 1 for Achievement in Hampshire and 10th nationally based on student achievement rates announced in March 2020.
Key Purposes of this role are:
- To develop and lead the Management Information Service, including Student Records and Examinations teams
- To provide the College with comprehensive, reliable, relevant and up-to-date information and report facilities to support recruitment of learners, income monitoring and learner progress including data analytics
- To ensure that data and information required by all stakeholders, awarding organisations, funding bodies and agencies is accurately prepared, submitted and available on a timely basis.
- To be responsible for the accurate interpretation, implementation and compliance with all regulations relating to funding through a thorough understanding of funding methodologies
- To manage the administration and central co-ordination of the administrative aspect of partnerships, franchises and other external contracts
- To lead on curriculum planning,
For a comprehensive list of duties, please refer to the Job Description.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- IT Qualification
- SQL skills
- Leadership and management or a relevant professional qualification
- Comprehensive, recent experience of manipulating and analysing learner data
- Comprehensive, recent experience of learner MIS and examination administration
- Application of ESFA and other funding methodologies
- Individual Learner Return (ILR) generation, Funding Information System (FIS) and Provider Data Self -Assessment Toolkit (DSAT) software
- Understanding of database concepts and management
- Deep understanding in the use of Excel, database and report writing tools
- Ability to interpret and analyse data and apply complex regulations and guidance
- Commitment to high levels of accuracy with excellent attention to detail and a strong analytical and technical mindset
- Ability to work under pressure responsively and flexibly according to the demands of the role
- Ability to work to fixed deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, show initiative and be self-motivated with a pro-active approach
- Strong IT skills and the ability to pick up new skills and software packages quickly
- Proven management experience
Eastleigh College is more than a place for learning; it is a community. We are a highly successful Further Education College employing approximately 500 staff. We offer a wide variety of technical and professional courses to over 22,000 learners across the country, providing them with the specific skills that employers are seeking. This includes a wide variety of full-time courses, part-time professional courses and Apprenticeships.
More details: Job Description & Person Specificiation
Following a review of the recruitment process we are now requesting references prior to interview – please ensure when applying, you have provided the details of referees that cover the previous 5 years of employment and a character reference.
How to Apply
Should you be interested in any of our vacancies please complete the application (2 parts) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively send an up to date CV with a covering letter