Job Vacancies Details
Assessor in Plumbing
Salary: £21.40 per hour
Hours: Sessional, Fixed Term until August 2021
Start date: TBC
A day in the life of…..
A typical day will consist of planning and arranging classes and assessment depending on the requirements. Then start teaching on courses and work to develop an outstanding provision that has a positive impact on the learner and assessment process.
The day could consist of assessing learners on and off site to ensure that they meet the requirements set by the awarding bodies and the College. Whilst also assisting in the development of teaching, learning and assessment materials, preparing schemes of work, lesson plans and maintaining records to monitor student progression, achievement and attendance.
You will need to be able to provide appropriate and relevant guidance for students enabling them to develop knowledge, understanding and skills. You will be required to develop student competences in the safe use of materials and equipment and implement timely, safe, consistent and relevant assessment plans and resources that are linked to initial and current assessments. You will also be expected to provide constructive feedback on progress and how learners might improve and to work with learners to develop literacy, numeracy, language, key and functional skills required to complete their programmes of learning.
- Use of Microsoft packages
- Experience of working with apprentices
- Ideally with teaching experience
- Good understanding of the plumbing and gas industry
- Excellent communication skills
- You will hold a minimum of Level 2/3 in plumbing (or equivalent) and the relevant ACS Competencies would be of an advantage
- Ideally you will hold a teaching qualification (Cert Ed, PGCE or equivalent), and/or and Assessors Award level 3/4, or be willing to work towards either of these qualifications.
If you do not have either of these qualifications, full training can be offered.
Further details: Job Description & Person Specification
How to Apply
Should you be interested in any of our vacancies please complete the application (2 parts) and send it to email@example.com or alternatively send an up to date CV with a covering letter
Please ensure you return both parts to ensure your application is complete.