The Additional Learning Support Team can provide support to learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities. The support is dependent on funding, and an assessment of need. It may include:
- 1:1 study support appointments with a Learning Support Tutor
- In-class support
- Screening for dyslexia, and assessment where necessary
- Support for physical disabilities
- Support for sensory impairment
- Organisation of special exam arrangements
- Provision of assistive learning technology, and training in its use
- Small group course-related workshops in literacy and numeracy
- Dyslexia support workshop
- External support for learners with specialist needs
- Personal mentoring
- E-support via e-mail
Please note that funding varies by course. This may affect the level of support that Eastleigh College is able to offer. In some circumstances, the support will be funded and provided by external agencies, the learner or a sponsor.
The Additional Learning Support Team can be found at the rear of the Learning Centre, or can be contacted on 023 8091 1210.