Whether you want to move on to employment, an apprenticeship or university, you'll attend careers events, workshops, drop-in sessions and mock interviews as well as have access to industry-specific career events and dedicated help such as for UCAS applications. You may also want to take advantage of a part time job, work experience, volunteering or charity work to further enhance your employability. In the first instance, this support will come from tutors who you can expect to conduct employability activities such as:
- Researching jobs, including through our careers coach software
- Looking at progression routes
- Creating or improving a CV
- Developing interview skills
This booklet is designed to help you think about your options when you leave college.
Higher Education Progression
Support is available for learners wishing to progress onto Higher Education. The College provides:
- Higher Education Events such as attendance to the UCAS convention, learner's fresher’s fair, local HE institutions visits, etc.
- Higher Education Information Evening (for learners and parents)
- Higher Education Finance Evening (for learners and parents)
- Individual support and workshops in applying via the UCAS system
- Support with developing a personal statement to support your UCAS application
Careers & Progression Advice
Eastleigh College has a dedicated Careers Adviser. Students can book appointments for 1:1 advice and guidance for any support relating to careers, progression and making choices. Further support is also available through workshops on employability and progression opportunities. In addition, further careers advice and information on progression opportunities is available within your internal student portal.
For students aged 19 and over, learners can also make use of The National Careers Service available to all adults, regardless of age, qualifications or employment status. They can be reached by calling 0800 1954 700 or via their website. They will be able to give learners first-hand independent advice and guidance by phone and online, or put you in touch with local independent advisers.
The Careers Programme
Our Careers Programme ensures that students have the guidance, support and knowledge available to them in order to be ready for their dream career. To download our Careers Programme please click here.
Parent and Carer Apprenticeship Information
Parents’ and Carers’ Pack- Apprenticeship Information March 2021
To speak to our careers advisor please email firstname.lastname@example.org.