The Additional Learning Support Team can provide support to learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities.
Support for those with additional needs includes:
- 1:1 academic support outside of class
- Exam access arrangements
- Assistive learning technology and training in its use
- Equipment such as height adjustable tables, coloured overlays, laptop
- Specialist apprenticeship support team
- Dedicated Google Classroom for SpLD academic support
- Assessment for visual stress
We regularly work with:
- Exam access arrangements assessor
- Specialist Teacher Advisors (Communication & Language; Hearing Impairment; Visual Impairment)
- Local Authority SEN department(s)
Those with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) will be given support based on the requirements of their individual plan. For further information please see our Local Offer.
We have a specially designed Supported Learning department that offers a variety of courses for those with moderate learning difficulties and an EHCP. These courses cover a variety of topics to support independent living and employment. They are designed to build towards our Supported Internship and Supported Apprenticeship courses where learners will be supported out in the workplace and into the world of work or voluntary work.
The Additional Learning Support Team is headed by the SENCo. The SENCo, and the SEN Advisor and Support Co-ordinators can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.