What opportunities will this course give me?
This course is suitable for:
• those holding or working towards the CIPD Intermediate Certificate in HR Management and who are also:
• people who are already in, or are interested in a move into, HR management
• line managers involved in HR and those who have responsibility for HR activities in organisations without a specialist function.
Studying this course will give you:
• a sound understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviour required of a professional HR practitioner.
• an understanding of how HR activities support an organisations strategy and assist the
achievement of business objectives
• an ability to analyse HR information and present findings to inform decision-making.
Completion of the Diploma in HR Management provides the knowledge required for the
Associate professional level of CIPD membership and you will be upgraded to
Associate (Assoc CIPD) membership at the end of the course.
You can progress to the Advanced Certificate/Diploma in Human Resource Management (Level 7).
What will I be learning?
The Diploma in HR Management that this top-up forms part of provides a firm foundation in all areas of HR management, as well as an understanding of HR management in a business context. It will help you develop essential HR management skills and give you the confidence to be more effective at work.
The two units chosen are:
• Resourcing and talent planning
• Reward management.
The Diploma in HR Management is an intermediate level qualification and is designed to reflect the CIPD Profession Map. It is broadly equivalent level to NVQ Level 4 and requires a completed total of 44 credits. 32 of these credits will have been carried forward from your Intermediate Certificate in HR Management.
This course is offered on a taught basis on a Thursday evening from 1800-2115 for 12 weeks from January 2018, dates to be confirmed.
Why is this course for me?
The Diploma in HR Management is split 50:50 between class based study and self study.
College study will be a mixture of taught sessions, discussions and practical work. Apart
from class time you will need to spend an average of 4 hours per week undertaking
research or completing assessment tasks.
Each unit will require completion of a mix of written and practical, skill-based
assessments. These will be marked by your lecturer and be internally and externally
What do I need to sign up?
You MUST hold or be working towards the Intermediate Certificate in HR Management to join this course.
You will need to be a student member of the CIPD whilst studying. This costs 130 and the tutor will advise you of how to join at the start of the course.
A pre-entry requirement for all CIPD courses at Eastleigh College is the completion of an initial and diagnostic assessment in English.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Stationery and memory stick.
Recommended textbook costing approx. 40. The course tutor will provide details of this
at the beginning of the course.
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
|DHR5Z||Eastleigh College||5/11/2020||Thu||17:30 – 21:45||9||£359.00||£359.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Information, Advice and Guidance team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1299.