What opportunities will this course give me?
Students can re-enrol or progress to Continuing Computing Very Gently or other computing courses offered by the college. Please browse the website for more details.
What will I be learning?
You will become more confident when using your home P.C. Specifically you will learn:
- About using ICT to find information, search the internet and save pictures to file;
- How to carry out straight forward searches to find specific information;
- How to load and exit programs;
- To understand the basic terminology used in computing;
- How to open word-processing packages, input text, change fonts, editing and formatting;
- How to use email including sending an attachment, reply to email, saving a received attachment.
A College Certificate will be awarded on request.
Why is this course for me?
There will be discussion and demonstrations, but the majority of learning will be through 'hands on' experience.
What do I need to sign up?
There are no formal entry requirements in respect of this course. This course is suitable for home computer users who wish to acquire knowledge or improve their computer skills.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Please bring a pen and paper/notepad to the class.
Additional costs are unlikely but the tutor will advise.
|C942A||Eastleigh College||3/10/2019||Thu||10:00 – 12:00||7||£108.00||£108.00|
|C942B||Eastleigh College||30/1/2020||Thu||10:00 – 12:00||7||£108.00||£108.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Adult and Community Learning team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1270.
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.