What opportunities will this course give me?
No direct progression but potential to study at level 3 within the RAC Industry.
What will I be learning?
Delegates will learn the following:
• GWP & ODP What are they?
• Introduction to Hydrocarbons
• Physical properties of Hydrocarbons
• Saturated pressure and temperature details
• Condensing pressures with HC Refrigerants
• Temperature glide and superheat settings
• Lubricants, materials, desiccants and oils
• Flammability and charge size calculations
• Appliance considerations
• Safe working environment and safe practise
• Leak testing, brazing & charging
• Venting and recovery
• Handling, storage and transporting
Why is this course for me?
Mixture of theory in classroom and practical assessment in the workshop.
1 days training in total that will include a multiple choice written assessment & practical assessment (observation and oral questioning).
Practical work consists of brazing a test joint, pressure testing, refrigerant charging and refrigerant recovery.
City & Guilds 6187-21 Hydrocarbon Safe Handling - a recognised City & Guilds qualification enabling you to work legally on refrigeration systems using Hydrocarbon refrigerants.
What do I need to sign up?
All delegates must currently hold City & Guilds 2079-11 or equivalent, proof will be required. A basic understanding of the thermodynamic principles of refrigeration will be necessary. Anybody attending the course must also hold a current Category 1 or J11 F-Gas Qualification. You will also need to complete an initial Maths assessment.
Is there anything else I need to know?
This course has been designed as an Introduction and awareness course covering the handling, safety & legislation adherence required, prior to purchasing, servicing or installing Hydrocarbon Refrigerants.
Participants should bring safety footwear, notebook and pen.
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
23/4/2021 - Apply Now
09:00 – 17:00
|HYROA||Eastleigh College||23/4/2021||Fri||09:00 – 17:00||1|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Information, Advice and Guidance team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1299.