What opportunities will this course give me?
On completion of the Technical Certificate, students can progress on to NVQ Levels 2/3 at Eastleigh College, providing they have gained full-time employment in the plumbing industry. The Level 3 NVQ will provide training in unvented hot water, or the ACS gas qualification.
What will I be learning?
Candidates will be assessed in practical sessions and theory exams throughout the year.
The course will cover the following:
- Working safely
- Installing and testing pipe systems and components
- Maintaining pipe systems and components
- Installing bathroom and kitchen plumbing
- Installing heating radiators
- Working with others and customer relations The City and Guilds Technical Certificate in plumbing 6129 Level 2 is gained by successfully completing theory exams and specified practical assessments. The theory sessions will provide students with new technical concepts and safe working practices. The practical sessions will consolidate these practices with an opportunity for hands on experience. On completion of the course students will be able understand the principles of plumbing, and be able to install, commission and maintain hot and cold water systems, sanitation equipment i.e. bathroom suite and associated drainage.
Why is this course for me?
The theory sessions will provide students with new technical concepts and safe working practices. The practical sessions will consolidate these practices with an opportunity for hands on experience.
Is there anything else I need to know?
This Certificate is designed for candidates who do not have employment in the industry, but wish to enter the plumbing trade in the long-term. The Certificate may be achieved in two years. You will need to have gained at least two GCSEs at Grade C or above in English and Maths or possess an equivalent qualification. In addition to this you must successfully pass a college aptitude test, complete an initial Maths assessment and show enthusiasm and motivation.
Pens, pencils and a calculator.
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
27/9/2021 - Apply Now
08:45 – 16:00
|PDPH1||Eastleigh College||27/9/2021||Mon||08:45 – 16:00||35||Apply now|
|PEP1A||Eastleigh College||28/9/2021||Tue/Wed||17:30 – 20:30||35||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Information, Advice and Guidance team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1299.
Ambitious strategy aims to create the best ‘new normal’ for college learners and staff
The Eastleigh College Board and Senior Management Team have launched an ambitious strategy for the period 2020-24 that sets out the College’s priorities to see more learners, be more successful, more often.
How we are keeping our college Covid-19 secure
The College has remained open throughout the Covid-19 pandemic for many learners and as from September 2020 all learners (including those planning to attend at College House) have returned to a full high-quality education programme as per government guidelines.