What opportunities will this course give me?
This new and exciting course will enable you to develop the skills and knowledge needed for a rewarding career in Business Leadership or Management. As one of our T Level programmes, this two year technical study programme has been developed with global, national and local businesses to cover specialist content that is required in the business sector. This is a level 3 qualification.
On successful completion of the T Level, learners can progress onto various job roles in the public, voluntary or private sectors. This qualification can also lead to university and other relevant areas as the qualification has full UCAS points, (this is grade dependent).
Students can also use this T Level to progress to a related higher-level apprenticeship.
What will I be learning?
During your first year you will study:
• Business context and the different types of organisations and the environments in which they operate
• People and the ways in which different types of organisations ensure that they have the right people to meet their aims and objectives
• Quality and compliance and the importance of maintaining and improving quality in all aspects of organisations
• Finance and financial reporting
• Policies and procedures and how and why organisations develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), how they are measured and their impact on individuals roles
• Project and change management and why organisations need to make continuous improvements
• Business behaviours and the importance of good communication and being open to adaptations.
This underpinning knowledge will provide opportunity for you to specialise in the area of Leadership and Management in your second year.
On completion of this specialism, you will be able to:
• Lead, manage and develop individuals and teams to deliver outcomes
• Build relationships with colleagues, customers and stakeholders
• Deliver core operational tasks and plans
• Manage and implement projects
• Apply governance and compliance requirements.
Why is this course for me?
Over the two years a variety of assessment methods will be used and include exams, 45-day industrial placement, employer project and synoptic assessment. The 45-day high quality industry placement will provide you with the opportunity to work closely with a leading employer either every week and/or on a block placement to develop the right knowledge, technical skills and professional behaviours for working in this evolving sector.
Lessons will take place at college and provide opportunity to take part in a series of events and masterclasses that will see you work with our partner employers, allowing you to apply the theory and skills learnt in college to real industry situations.
This course is suitable for anyone interested in a career in management and administration such as:
• Project team member, that could progress onto project manager
• Business improvement coordinator
• Business administrator
• Bid coordinator
• HR support
• Team leader/supervisor
• Data analyst
• Commercial communications assistant
• Business support
• Admin Assistant
• Office Manager
• Personal Assistant
What do I need to sign up?
Applicants must have 5 GCSEs with passes in English and maths.
This programme is suitable for 16-19 year-olds. A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C / 9-4, including Grade 4 in English and Maths is required. You must attend an interview in college and demonstrate an interest in business management and administration and commitment to study.
Is there anything else I need to know?
The course includes 9 weeks minimum of working with an employer on an industrial placement.
Guest speakers will share their specialist knowledge with you.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
Contact the Learner Recruitment Team for further guidance - email email@example.com or call 023 8091 1000
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.