What opportunities will this course give me?
This BSL course will assist students to communicate more effectively with deaf people. It may also assist students to gain work, or progress their career, in care, education or any other area where an ability to sign is required.
Please note that this course is non vocational and does not lead to a qualification.
What will I be learning?
Learners will learn the following:
- How to recognise variations in the way deaf people communicate.
- How to sign at a basic level
- Finger spelling, names and places.
- Responding to simple signed questions.
- Understand receptive skills when signing.
- Demonstrate signing skills.
You will be able to gain a better understanding of the deaf culture and community.
A college certificate will be awarded on request.
Why is this course for me?
You will be taught by various methods including:
- Receptive from tutor
- Practical demonstration
- Group and pair work
- Role mode and role play
What do I need to sign up?
There are no formal entry requirements necessary for this course; this course is suitable for anybody who is interested in British Sign Language.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Students can purchase a Sign Language Book; this is optional and at the students' cost.
Please bring a pen and paper to the class for making notes.
Students are responsible for the purchase of materials relevant to the course.
|C57B||Eastleigh College||29/1/2020||Wed||19:00 – 21:00||12||£166.00||£166.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Adult and Community Learning team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1270.
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.