What opportunities will this course give me?
Students can attend other cake decorating and baking courses run at Eastleigh College. Please browse the website for more details.
What will I be learning?
This course involves:-
• Baking your own cupcakes
• Baking principles - stop the sinking, the lumps & bumps, the peeling cases
• Cupcake Recipes & interesting recipe variations
• Perfect cupcakes EVERY time - Tips & Tricks
• Icing Techniques including colouring and flavouring
• How to make Buttercream Icing
• Piping perfect buttercream swirls
• How to ice cupcakes with Poured Fondant Icing
• Introduction to sugar craft - how to work with professional sugar craft products
• Sugar craft tools and techniques
• Making sugar decorations
• How to embellish cupcake decorations
• Sugar floristry techniques
• Edible painting
• How to make beautiful handmade roses
• Making layered blossom flowers
• Making pretty sugar bows
Why is this course for me?
This course is essentially a practical class with hands on learning. There will be some group and individual instruction and demonstration.
What do I need to sign up?
This course is suitable for beginners or anyone wanting to learn more about baking and decorating cupcakes.
Is there anything else I need to know?
This course is suitable for anyone interested in learning how to bake, make a variety of icings and decorate cupcakes.
Please bring a notebook, pen and an apron to the first lesson.
Students will need to supply their own equipment (hand mixers) and ingredients as necessary on a weekly basis. Cost will vary depending on topic undertaken. You will be advised prior to the start date on what to bring to the first lesson.
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
|C6B||Eastleigh College||23/2/2021||Tue||19:00 – 21:00||5||£87.00||£87.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Adult and Community Learning team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1270.
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.
Ambitious strategy aims to create the best ‘new normal’ for college learners and staff
The Eastleigh College Board and Senior Management Team have launched an ambitious strategy for the period 2020-24 that sets out the College’s priorities to see more learners, be more successful, more often.
How we are keeping our college Covid-19 secure
The College has remained open throughout the Covid-19 pandemic for many learners and as from September 2020 all learners (including those planning to attend at College House) have returned to a full high-quality education programme as per government guidelines.