What career opportunities can this lead to?
Learners can progress to our Adobe Photoshop Improvers course, attend a Photography course, or other leisure course offered by the college. Please browse the website for further details.
What are the entry requirements?
The course is suitable for beginners with no prior knowledge of Adobe Photoshop. You should have basic computer skills, such as using a mouse, double- and right-clicking, and understand terminology such as drop-down menus.
What does this programme involve?
You will learn a wide variety of skills and techniques, starting with correcting common faults in digital images:
* develop a structured Workflow for correcting images
* Crop and Straighten your images
* use Levels and Curves to change and correct exposure problems in images
* change and correct Colours in an image, and create Black and White images
* use Dodge and Burn to change local exposure
* remove objects from a picture, from dust spots to larger things, and repair a damaged image
* use Content Aware capability
* work with multiple Layers
* use simple Selection tools to combine parts of images
* add Text with special effects
The tutor will also aim to include into the course any requests that you may have.
An Eastleigh College certificate is available on request following completion of the course.
How is the programme taught and assessed?
Students will learn by demonstration via data projector and one to one coaching. The course is primarily hands on learning for students.
The college uses Adobe Photoshop CC running on Microsoft Windows PCs. Please note that Photoshop Elements is a different product and, although there are similarities, and support materials are available for Elements, you will need to do some extra work at home to translate between the two.
What else do I need to know?
Please bring a pen and paper/notepad. You do not need a camera, but you might want to bring a memory stick to save pictures that you've worked on in class.
Learners are responsible for the purchase of materials relevant to the course.
How do I apply?
Apply by clicking on the APPLY NOW link on this page. Alternatively, you can apply by completing an application form through our Adult and Community Learning team by telephone 023 8091 1270 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Fees will apply if you are over 18. You may be eligible for fee support or a loan. To find out an accurate cost, based on your individual circumstances, please contact our Adult and Community Learning team.
|C141A||Eastleigh College||4/11/2019||Mon||19:00 – 21:00||5||£76.00||£76.00||Apply now|
|C141B||Eastleigh College||13/1/2020||Mon||19:00 – 21:00||5||£76.00||£76.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need any further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Adult and Community Learning team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1270.
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.