What opportunities will this course give me?
● The course will help you to learn the language that you need for living and working in the UK.
● You will have the chance to move up to the next level either in-year or the following year, depending on your progress.
● Every year ESOL learners progress onto vocational courses at Eastleigh College, apprenticeships or university.
● The Careers Service at Eastleigh College provides advice and guidance on how to find jobs, progress with your career, support with work experience and next steps.
What will I be learning?
● In class you will read, listen to and discuss a wide variety of real-life materials.
● You will study grammar, develop your vocabulary and pronunciation and practise writing for a range of purposes.
● We offer and will prepare you for Entry Level 1 to Level 2 exams in Reading, Writing and Speaking and Listening.
● Exams can take place at different times in the year, when your teacher decides that you are ready.
Why is this course for me?
● Your classes will be in Eastleigh College classrooms
● We offer student-friendly timetabling
● Your ESOL lessons will be with friendly, highly experienced and professional teachers, who take care to look after the individual needs of every learner.
● You will have the opportunity to meet students from many different cultures and backgrounds.
● Eastleigh College is a safe, caring and friendly place and you will have the chance to practise your English Language skills inside and outside the classroom.
● We have students from all around Hampshire with excellent transport links to Eastleigh by train, bus and cycle.
● When you finish your ESOL course at Eastleigh College, you can move on to further study on one of our wide range of courses. So, studying ESOL at Eastleigh College can help you progress in your career!
What do I need to sign up?
● Apply online by clicking on the Apply Now tab and complete your details.
● We will then contact you for a free assessment where we will advise you on which is the best course for you to take.
Is there anything else I need to know?
● This course is suitable for learners who are working towards Level 2.
● Students can join the course at any time, until the beginning of the summer term.
● We offer day time and evening classes from Entry Level 1 (beginner) to Level 2 (advanced).
● Reading and Writing classes (including classes to help learners with IELTS and CAE exams)
● Speaking and Listening classes
To be successful on your course you require the following skills:
Teachers set high expectations of students, specifically on timekeeping, attendance and application to the course, to maximise potential and ensure that students are work ready.
● Minimum 90% attendance
● Completion of weekly directed study (homework)
● Motivated to study independently and practise English outside of the classroom
Pen, paper and enthusiasm
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
10/9/2020 - Apply Now
15/9/2020 - Apply Now
9/9/2021 - Apply Now
|ED3A||Eastleigh College||10/9/2020||Thu||09:30 – 12:45||34||Apply now|
|EE2A||Eastleigh College||15/9/2020||Tue||18:30 – 20:30||34||Apply now|
|ED3A||Eastleigh College||9/9/2021||Thu||09:30 – 12:45||34||Apply now|
|EE2A||Eastleigh College||14/9/2021||Tue||18:30 – 20:30||34||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Information, Advice and Guidance team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1299.
Ambitious strategy aims to create the best ‘new normal’ for college learners and staff
The Eastleigh College Board and Senior Management Team have launched an ambitious strategy for the period 2020-24 that sets out the College’s priorities to see more learners, be more successful, more often.
How we are keeping our college Covid-19 secure
The College has remained open throughout the Covid-19 pandemic for many learners and as from September 2020 all learners (including those planning to attend at College House) have returned to a full high-quality education programme as per government guidelines.