Higher Education (HE) Financial Support
If you are studying a Higher Education course (Level 4 or above) you may be eligible for a student loan via Student Finance England. With this low interest loan you start repayments once you finish your studies and only when your salary rises above £21,000. Visit www.gov.uk/student-finance or call us to discuss further.
HE learners also have access to the Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA). You can apply for this if you have a disabiability, including a:
- long-term health condition
- mental health condition
- specific learning difficulty, e.g. dyslexia
The support you recieve will depend on your individual needs and not on your income. To discuss your needs further, the below contacts can be reached on 023 8091 1299.
- Thom Young, the Disability Student Allowance and Student Support
- Kathy Messenger, HE Student Finance
- Macheala Field, Learning Resources & Research Techniques
For more information or to speak to our Information, Advice & Guidance team, please call 023 8091 1299.