All Eastleigh College students can expect to receive information, advice and guidance on progression onto further learning or into employment. In the first instance, this support will come from tutors who you can expect to conduct employability activities such as:
- Researching jobs, including through our careers coach software
- Looking at progression routes
- Creating or improving a CV
- Developing interview skills
Where appropriate, some courses will also invite guest speakers into College to discuss the career opportunities available to you in your vocational area of study.
The Learning Centre has a dedicated area for Careers Information, as well as Careers Software that learners can use independently or with support. Learners can also make appointments to see the Careers Adviser by speaking to a Learning Centre Assistant.
Higher Education Progression
Support is available for learners wishing to progress onto Higher Education. The College provides:
- Higher Education Events such as attendance to the UCAS convention, student’s fresher’s fair, local HE institutions visits, etc.
- Higher Education Information Evening (for students and parents)
- Higher Education Finance Evening (for students and parents)
- Individual support and workshops in applying via the UCAS system
- Support with developing a personal statement to support your UCAS application
Careers & Progression Advice
Eastleigh College has a dedicated Careers Adviser. Students can book appointments for 1:1 advice and guidance for any support relating to careers, progression and making choices. Further support is also available through workshops on employability and progression opportunities. In addition, further careers advice and information on progression opportunities is available within your internal student portal.
For students aged 19 and over, learners can also make use of The National Careers Service available to all adults, regardless of age, qualifications or employment status. They can be reached by calling 0800 1954 700 or via their website. They will be able to give learners first-hand independent advice and guidance by phone and online, or put you in touch with local independent advisers.
The Careers Programme
Our Careers Programme ensures that students have the guidance, support and knowledge available to them in order to be ready for their dream career. To download our Careers Programme please click here.
To speak to our careers advisor please email firstname.lastname@example.org.