You may feel pressure at school to choose a particular type of course or a particular subject when you start college, but there’s no need to panic! It’s best to choose a subject that interests you, in a teaching environment that you work well in. For example, if you’re looking to gain experience in a job whilst gaining your qualification, an apprenticeship might be a good option for you. College is the perfect time to try out new things and see what really interests you, and what you can excel at, before entering the world of work.
Our courses also:
- Teach you workplace skills, so you can apply what you are learning out in the work environment
- Open your eyes to the varied range of opportunities available within each industry; so you're bound to find something to suit your interests
- Include work experience placements, which add value to your CV, as well as giving you first-hand experience of what you think you may enjoy and giving you time to adjust your studies if it's not for you!
- Equip you with transferable skills such as communication, team working, time management, presentation skills and many more
- Offer various progression opportunities such as an Apprenticeship, employment, university or another course
But whatever you choose, it doesn’t mean you’re stuck with it forever!
All of our courses and apprenticeships teach you skills that are applicable to the workplace, so even if you change your mind on what you want to do, you’ll be equipped with key competencies that any employer or training provider will value. Many of our courses encourage periods of work experience, which will give you even more to put on your CV later on. So whatever subject you choose, it doesn’t narrow your opportunities in the future.
The courses we offer are wide-ranging, and we introduce new programmes regularly to keep up with industry trends. For example, we have just launched a brand new Health and Social Care full-time course, which has built in work experience placements with the University Hospital Trust in Southampton.
... you might be surprised what's on offer.
If you’re unsure about which subject or course type is best for you, please contact one of our advisors who will be happy to help. You can reach them on 023 8091 1298 or by emailing email@example.com
Need help choosing?
Got no idea what's out there, or what's right for you? Then why not browse some popular careers, find out what you could earn and research live vacancies in your area? This Careers Coach tool can also help you to decide which careers you are best suited to, by taking a multiple choice quiz.