Your education doesn't necessarily stop at College. You could choose to go on to university, learn on the job in an Apprenticeship, or start learning the ins and outs of a career path once you start work. Whatever you choose, you'll be laying the foundations to achieve a career that's right for you.
For example, in the last academic year, after completing their current studies:
- 17% of our full-time students went straight into employment
- 52% of our full-time students chose to study another course
- 10% of our full-time students went to study at university
There really is no right or wrong way to develop your skills, find something you enjoy and start progressing towards your goals.
How can I progress?
There are many ways that can make you stand out from the crowd and go far in your career, including:
- Work experience
- Extended projects
- Getting involved in charity work
- Become a member of the Student Union
- Take up an interesting hobby
- Develop your full-time course into an Apprenticeship
The Hub is our dedicated one-stop shop providing careers and employability guidance, as well as support on everything from gaining work experience and volunteering to job interview preparation and university applications.