While at College House, students undertake an accreditation programme - OCR Life and Living Skills Entry Level. This scheme provides students with high quality, nationally recognised qualifications. They are credit-based qualifications that provide valuable opportunities for students to develop skills and gain underpinning knowledge and understanding, offering opportunities for students to build a profile of achievement best suited to their individual needs.
In the first year, students will study home management skills and achieve a Certificate in Life and Living Skills, Entry Level 1. The units covered comprise of:
- Planning and preparing a simple meal
- Using shopping facilities
- Participating in carrying out household tasks
- Preparing drinks and snacks
- Cleaning, washing, drying and storing laundry
In the second year, students will achieve a Certificate in Life and Living Skills, Entry Level 2. The units covered comprise of:
- Food safety and storage
- Recycling and managing waste
- Following a simple recipe
- Understanding how to clean the home
- Shopping for daily living
All modules are centre-assessed, then externally moderated by OCR.