What opportunities will this course give me?
Learners can attend a Photography course or other leisure course offered at the college. Please browse the website for further details.
What will I be learning?
Explore the creative possibilities of Photoshop, both with graphics and by combining images into an atmospheric fantasy.
* select complicated subjects with the power toolset of Photoshop: Quick Select, Quick Mask and the Pen tool
* use Channels to select and mask particularly complex objects such as Trees
* add Text or even Flames along a Path
* explore and use prepared Shapes
* create Graphics from scratch
* learn about Puppet Warp
* turn a Cityscape into a Tiny Planet
* use Filters to turn your Photos into Artwork
* combine Techniques and Image Selections to create a fantasy Composite picture
The tutor will also aim to include into the course any requests that you may have.
A college certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the course.
Why is this course for me?
The course will be taught by demonstration using the data projector and one to one coaching. The course is mainly hands on learning.
The college uses Adobe Photoshop CC running on Microsoft Windows PCs. Please note that Photoshop Elements is a different product and, although there are similarities, and support materials are available for Elements, you will need to do some extra work at home to translate between the two.
What do I need to sign up?
The course is suitable for those who have already attended the Beginners and Improvers courses or have some underpinning Photoshop skills. It will build on the skills already taught on the Beginners and Improvers course.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Please bring a pen and paper/notepad. You do not need a camera, but you might want to bring a memory stick to save pictures that you've worked on in class.
Optionally, a memory stick to save pictures that you've worked on in class.
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
|C167C||Eastleigh College||2/6/2020||Tue||19:00 – 21:00||5||£76.00||£76.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Adult and Community Learning team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1270.
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.