What opportunities will this course give me?
Eastleigh College offer qualification courses in Bricklaying, the tutor will be able to give further advice. The college also run a number of other practical courses - please browse the website for further details.
What will I be learning?
Learners will continue to learn the theory and practical application of brick structures. This course is a natural progression from the beginners course and will cover:
- Setting out a building (a small extension)
- How to excavate the foundations and place level concrete (including tips on services and building a foundation)
- Building cavity walls, placement of wall ties, providing openings with lintels, and trays
- Building brick walls in English and Flemish bonds with adjoining piers
A College Certificate is awarded on request.
Why is this course for me?
The course is taught with a mixture of theory and practical sessions. The course will be approximately 90% practical.
What do I need to sign up?
Learners must have attended the Bricklaying for Beginners course or have some previous experience of the basics.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Learners must wear sturdy footwear (this is essential to participate in the course), old clothes, and plaster gloves if required to protect hands.
Learners are responsible for the purchase of any additional materials/clothing relevant to participate in the course.
There is a small materials charge included in the course fee; therefore no further costs are anticipated.
|C413C||Eastleigh College||6/6/2020||Sat||09:30 – 13:30||4||£163.00||£163.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Adult and Community Learning team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1270.
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.