What career opportunities can this lead to?
Other textile courses are offered at Eastleigh College - please browse the website for more information.
What are the entry requirements?
This course is suitable for beginner dressmakers who are familiar with basic sewing machine use and basic hand sewing.
What does this programme involve?
This course will enable you to create your own applique suitable for any fashion projects.
This can be useful for upcycling existing clothing or covering clothing damage, as well as textile art projects.
Hand finishes and machine finishes will be used.
A college certificate will be awarded on request.
How is the programme taught and assessed?
This course is taught through practical demonstration and hands on activities.
What else do I need to know?
Please bring along to the workshop:
- 1m of Bondaweb
- Selection of fabric offcuts or small quantities of various colours and prints - ideally cottons and polycottons.
- Some plain cotton fabric to use as a base for your collage (approx. 0.5m).
- The item of clothing you wish to apply the applique to.
- Textile and paper scissors.
- Hand embroidery threads in a couple of colours, embroidery needle, machine thread to match or contrast your fabrics.
- Pen/pencil and notepad
- Your own sewing machine if you wish to use this.
Students will be responsible for the purchase of any necessary materials relating to the course.
How do I apply?
Apply by clicking on the APPLY NOW link on this page. Alternatively, you can apply by completing an application form through our Adult and Community Learning team by telephone 023 8091 1270 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Fees will apply if you are over 18. You may be eligible for fee support or a loan. To find out an accurate cost, based on your individual circumstances, please contact our Adult and Community Learning team.
|C316Y||Eastleigh College||29/2/2020||Sat||09:30 – 14:30||1||£46.00||£46.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need any further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Adult and Community Learning team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1270.
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.