What opportunities will this course give me?
Students can attend other cake decorating and baking courses. Please browse the website for more details.
What will I be learning?
By the end of the course you will have been taught how to:
• Make simple models, flowers and novelties used for celebration cakes;
• Cut your cakes to a desired shape and mould the sugar paste icing to cover it;
• Colour your icing as required for the design and make any additional decorations from sugar paste;
• Know and understand the use of tool used in moulding and sugarpaste.
Why is this course for me?
This course is essentially a practical class with hands on learning. There will be some group and individual instruction and demonstration.
What do I need to sign up?
This course is suitable for anyone interested in shaping cakes and moulding novelties used for celebration cakes. Students must be able to bake a cake.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Please bring notebook, pen, pointed scissors (i.e. nail cutting scissors, fabric cuttings scissors - anything with a point), and an apron to the first lesson.
Students will need to supply their own equipment and ingredients as necessary on a weekly basis e.g sugarpaste. Cost will vary depending on topic undertaken.
Students will be responsible for the purchase of materials relevant to the course.
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
|L211C||Wildern School||13/5/2021||Thu||19:00 – 21:00||5||£87.00||£87.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Adult and Community Learning team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1270.
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.