What opportunities will this course give me?
Students will be able to progress onto further cookery or cake decorating courses such as:
Baking and Decorating Cupcakes
Introduction to Sugarcraft
Please visit our website at www.eastleigh.ac.uk/leisure for more details
What will I be learning?
By the end of the course, you will:
* Have baked a variety of cakes, including Victoria Sponge, Lemon Drizzle, Muffins and Traybakes.
* Know and understand the use of tools and equipment used in baking (including oven, scales etc.).
* Know how to read, understand and follow recipes, and line a cake tin.
* Have the confidence to try new recipes.
Topics that will be covered include:
* Health, hygiene and safety.
* Various cake recipes, using different methods.
* Understanding more about what can make cakes fail and how to avoid this happening.
Why is this course for me?
This course is essentially a practical class with hands on learning. There will be some group and individual instruction, and demonstrations. Students will have the opportunity to bake and take home their own cakes, choosing from recipes supplied each week.
With support from the tutor, you will learn how to evaluate your work and recognise areas for improvement.
What do I need to sign up?
This course is suitable for complete beginners who want to learn how to successfully bake cakes. All students are welcome, but please note this is not a sugarcraft course.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Please bring a notebook and pen, and an apron. Students are responsible for the purchase of ingredients. Some equipment may also be required.
Students will need to bring their own equipment e.g. cake tins, basic hand held food mixer, and ingredients as necessary on a weekly basis. Costs will vary depending on topic undertaken, but once you have the basic cake ingredients and equipment, you will use these every week. Your tutor will advise you about equipment at the first session.
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
|L40B||Wildern School||21/1/2021||Thu||19:00 – 21:00||4||£70.00||£70.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Adult and Community Learning team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1270.
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.