What opportunities will this course give me?
Eastleigh College offers other Business and Computing courses- please browse the website for details.
What will I be learning?
Having a website has never been easier. It's also a perfect way to keep in touch, support a business, share ideas, and build a community. However, getting started can be a daunting task, and it can be difficult to know how to begin. This course can help dispel some of the confusion surrounding website creation and hosting, as well as clarifying outdated information and helping prepare new website users for navigating an internet ruled by GDPR.
* Introduction to Wordpress: This session will introduce students to Wordpress UI, examples of the types of websites Wordpress can produce, and how to choose a website designed to suit their purpose.
* The WordPress Environment: Learners will be given a tour of the WordPress dashboard, as well as guided through setting up their accounts.
* Dream to Design: Learners will be shown how to select a theme on WordPress and customise it. They will also be taught basic website design concepts.
* Content is King: We will look at different types of content learners can have on their websites, and how to add them.
* Code Changes and Extras: Sometimes a pre-made template isn't quite right. So we will look at how to tweak CSS templates in order to achieve our desired look, cover widgets and plug-ins, and features of Wordpress paid accounts. We will also touch on using photography and other media in website creation.
* Revisiting the Dashboard: We'll return to the Dashboard to explore the rest of the functionality as well as introducing learners to the WP Admin Dashboard.
* Just the Beginning: Students will learn how to link their website updates to their social media, promote their website, and use it to achieve their goals.
An Eastleigh College certificate can be requested on successful completion of the course.
Why is this course for me?
The course will be taught by demonstration and one to one coaching. Extra tuition will be given where needed. This course is primarily hands on learning.
What do I need to sign up?
This 7 week course is designed to introduce students to the basics of website creation, as well as the benefits of doing so.
Learners will need to have IT skills in order to use the software provided.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Please bring pen and paper/notebook to the class.
Learners are responsible for the purchase of materials relevant to the course. However WordPress is free to use, at least for simple webpages.
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
6/10/2020 - Apply Now
19:00 – 21:00
|C50A||Eastleigh College||6/10/2020||Tue||19:00 – 21:00||7||£119.00||£119.00|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Adult and Community Learning team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1270.
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.
Ambitious strategy aims to create the best ‘new normal’ for college learners and staff
The Eastleigh College Board and Senior Management Team have launched an ambitious strategy for the period 2020-24 that sets out the College’s priorities to see more learners, be more successful, more often.
How we are keeping our college Covid-19 secure
The College has remained open throughout the Covid-19 pandemic for many learners and as from September 2020 all learners (including those planning to attend at College House) have returned to a full high-quality education programme as per government guidelines.