What career opportunities can this lead to?
Eastleigh College offers other Business and Computing courses- please browse the website for details.
What are the entry requirements?
This 7 week course is designed to introduce students to the basics of website creation, as well as the benefits of doing so.
Students will need to have IT skills in order to use the software provided.
What does this programme involve?
Having a website has never been easier. It's also a perfect way to keep in touch, support a business, share ideas, and build a community. However, getting started can be a daunting task, and it can be difficult to know how to begin. This course can help dispel some of the confusion surrounding website creation and hosting, as well as clarifying outdated information and helping prepare new website users for navigating an internet ruled by GDPR.
* Introduction to Wordpress: This session will introduce students to Wordpress UI, examples of the types of websites Wordpress can produce, and how to choose a website designed to suit their purpose.
* Dream to Design: Students will be shown how to select a theme on Wordpress and customise it. They will also be taught basic website design concepts.
* Content is King: We will look at different types of content students can have on their websites, and how to add them.
* Extras: This session will focus on widgets and plug-ins, as well as features of Wordpress paid accounts. We will also touch on using photography and other media in website creation.
* CSS Code Changes: Sometimes a pre-made template isn't quite right. So we will look at how to tweak CSS templates in order to achieve our desired look.
* HTML Code Changes: As a follow up to week 5, students will learn more code, including how to insert tables and page jumps.
* Just the Beginning: Students will learn how to link their website updates to their social media, promote their website, and use it to achieve their goals.
An Eastleigh College certificate can be requested on successful completion of the course.
How is the programme taught and assessed?
The course will be taught by demonstration and one to one coaching. Extra tuition will be given where needed. This course is primarily hands on learning.
What else do I need to know?
Please bring pen and paper/notebook to the class.
Students are responsible for the purchase of materials relevant to the course. However WordPress is free to use, at least for simple webpages.
How do I apply?
Apply by clicking on the APPLY NOW link on this page. Alternatively, you can apply by completing an application form through our Adult and Community Learning team by telephone 023 8091 1270 or via email at email@example.com.
*Fees will apply if you are over 18. You may be eligible for fee support or a loan. To find out an accurate cost, based on your individual circumstances, please contact our Adult and Community Learning team.
|C50A||Eastleigh College||8/10/2019||Tue||19:00 – 21:00||7||£108.00||£108.00|
|C50B||Eastleigh College||28/1/2020||Tue||19:00 – 21:00||7||£108.00||£108.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need any further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Adult and Community Learning team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1270.
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.