What opportunities will this course give me?
Students may also wish to attend other business related and marketing courses offered by the college; please browse our website for details.
What will I be learning?
This is a five week course to introduce the basic concepts of social media marketing. This course can be expanded if needed.
Social media is one of the strongest marketing tools a business has in reaching new customers. However, it can be very hard to understand and plan for, due to its fast-paced nature and ever changing algorithms and features. This can leave many small business owners baffled as to how to harness what they've been told is a huge, untapped audience.
A friendly, knowledgeable guide to social media and how to utilise it in marketing is indispensable for those who want to create a platform for their business.
* What is Social Media? Students will learn about various social media platforms, and the benefits of each one, as well as what demographics use each platform.
* Building Your Platform: We will cover the basics of setting up profiles, creating Facebook Pages and Groups, and the differences between them. Writing good bios, including strategic use of links, pinned posts, and use of cover and profile photos.
* Postmasters: In this session, we will look at what kinds of posts are best for different purposes, how to use hashtags well, and how often to post.
* Engage! Social media is all about building a community. So this session will focus on how to find your audience and appropriately engage with them. We will explore frowned-upon practices, and increase visibility.
* Long-Term Planning: This session will cover various methods for managing an account long term, including scheduling posts, paid promotion, and strategies for reaching the largest audience possible.
A College Certificate will be awarded upon request after successful completion of the course.
Why is this course for me?
You will learn through demonstrations, discussions and practical tasks.
What do I need to sign up?
There are no formal requirements in respect of this course, although students must have reasonable IT skills.
Is there anything else I need to know?
This course is suitable for those running a business looking to use social media for company enhancement.
Please bring pen and paper to the first class.
Students are responsible for the purchase of materials relevant to the course.
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
|C66C||Eastleigh College||12/5/2021||Wed||19:00 – 21:00||5||£85.00||£85.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Adult and Community Learning team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1270.
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.
Ambitious strategy aims to create the best ‘new normal’ for college learners and staff
The Eastleigh College Board and Senior Management Team have launched an ambitious strategy for the period 2020-24 that sets out the College’s priorities to see more learners, be more successful, more often.
How we are keeping our college Covid-19 secure
The College has remained open throughout the Covid-19 pandemic for many learners and as from September 2020 all learners (including those planning to attend at College House) have returned to a full high-quality education programme as per government guidelines.