What career opportunities can this lead to?
Students may also wish to attend other business related and marketing courses offered by the college; please browse our website for details.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no formal requirements in respect of this course, although students must have reasonable IT skills.
What does this programme involve?
This is a five week course to introduce the basic concepts of social media marketing. This course can be expanded if needed.
Social media is one of the strongest marketing tools a business has in reaching new customers. However, it can be very hard to understand and plan for, due to its fast-paced nature and ever changing algorithms and features. This can leave many small business owners baffled as to how to harness what they've been told is a huge, untapped audience.
A friendly, knowledgeable guide to social media and how to utilise it in marketing is indispensable for those who want to create a platform for their business.
* What is Social Media? Students will learn about various social media platforms, and the benefits of each one, as well as what demographics use each platform.
* Building Your Platform: We will cover the basics of setting up profiles, creating Facebook Pages and Groups, and the differences between them. Writing good bios, including strategic use of links, pinned posts, and use of cover and profile photos.
* Postmasters: In this session, we will look at what kinds of posts are best for different purposes, how to use hashtags well, and how often to post.
* Engage! Social media is all about building a community. So this session will focus on how to find your audience and appropriately engage with them. We will explore frowned-upon practices, and increase visibility.
* Long-Term Planning: This session will cover various methods for managing an account long term, including scheduling posts, paid promotion, and strategies for reaching the largest audience possible.
A College Certificate will be awarded upon request after successful completion of the course.
How is the programme taught and assessed?
You will learn through demonstrations, discussions and practical tasks.
What else do I need to know?
This course is suitable for those running a business looking to use social media for company enhancement.
Please bring pen and paper to the first class.
Students are responsible for the purchase of materials relevant to the course.
How do I apply?
Apply by clicking on the APPLY NOW link on this page. Alternatively, you can apply by completing an application form through our Adult and Community Learning team by telephone 023 8091 1270 or via email at email@example.com.
*Fees will apply if you are over 18. You may be eligible for fee support or a loan. To find out an accurate cost, based on your individual circumstances, please contact our Adult and Community Learning team.
|C66C||Eastleigh College||6/5/2020||Wed||19:00 – 21:00||5||£76.00||£76.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need any further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Adult and Community Learning team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1270.
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.