What opportunities will this course give me?
You can progress to other photography courses such as the more comprehensive Digital Photography or Introduction to Adobe Photoshop.
What will I be learning?
This is a 'hands on' practical course, with some theory/hand-outs included.
You will learn how to use some of the different camera settings by practicing with your camera under the guidance of the tutor. Areas covered will include:
• gaining a better understanding of your camera, removable memory, lens and zoom, file formats and menu structure.
• gaining an ability to use the digital camera's scene modes
• gaining an ability to compose a photo
• changing camera resolution and compression settings
• how to use focus points and metering
• obtaining a knowledge of shutter speed, aperture, depth of field and ISO
• achieving a knowledge of the histogram, exposure compensation and white balance
A College Certificate will be awarded on request.
Why is this course for me?
You will learn by practising with your camera under the guidance of the tutor.
What do I need to sign up?
This course is aimed at beginners who want to explore some of the basic settings on their cameras, so there are no formal entry requirements. This course is suitable for anyone who would like greater understanding of their digital camera.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Please bring pen and paper/notepad, along with your digital camera, manual and cables to the class. Please note that any equipment brought into class is the responsibility of the learner whilst on college or venue premises.
Students are responsible for the purchase of materials relevant to the course. It is the students' responsibility to purchase the camera for the course.
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
7/11/2019 - Apply Now
19:00 – 21:00
18/9/2019 - Apply Now
19:00 – 21:00
24/2/2020 - Apply Now
19:00 – 21:00
|L951A||Wildern School||7/11/2019||Thu||19:00 – 21:00||5||£76.00||£76.00|
|C951A||Eastleigh College||18/9/2019||Wed||19:00 – 21:00||5||£76.00||£76.00|
|C951B||Eastleigh College||24/2/2020||Mon||19:00 – 21:00||5||£76.00||£76.00|
|G951C||Thornden School||6/5/2020||Wed||19:00 – 21:00||5||£76.00||£76.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Adult and Community Learning team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1270.
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.