What opportunities will this course give me?
Learners can progress to our Adobe Photoshop Advanced course, attend a Photography course, or other leisure course offered by the college. Please browse the website for further information.
What will I be learning?
Build on the basics to improve your picture still further, and explore the more creative side of Photoshop.
* use more advanced Selection techniques
* combine Parts of images
* use Layer Masks to work on part of an image only
* learn about Layer Blend effects and create a Watermark
* use advanced Dodge and Burn to enhance your pictures, and lead the Viewer's eye
* Blur the background of an image to focus attention
* create Andy Warhol Pop-Art type images
* create Panoramic shots
* use the powerful Liquify tool to retouch pictures of people or create artistic effects
* create Animated GIFs
The tutor will also aim to include into the course any requests that you may have.
A college certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the course.
Why is this course for me?
The course will be taught by demonstration via data projector and one to one coaching. This course is taught with mainly hands on learning.
The college uses Adobe Photoshop CC running on Microsoft Windows PCs. Please note that Photoshop Elements is a different product and, although there are similarities, and support materials are available for Elements, you will need to do some extra work at home to translate between the two.
What do I need to sign up?
The course is suitable for those who have already attended a basic five week course, or have some underpinning of Photoshop skills. It will build up the skills already taught on the Beginners course.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Please bring a pen and paper/notepad. You do not need a camera, but you might want to bring a memory stick to save pictures that you've worked on in class.
Optionally, a memory stick to save pictures that you've worked on in class.
|C166B||Eastleigh College||24/2/2020||Mon||19:00 – 21:00||5||£76.00||£76.00|
|C166C||Eastleigh College||20/4/2020||Mon||19:00 – 21:00||5||£76.00||£76.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Adult and Community Learning team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1270.
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.