Eve studies Art, Design & Media (Fashion & Textiles pathway) and would like to continue her studies at University before becoming a fashion designer.READ FULL STORY…
The college offers a range of Photography courses within the leisure department, as well as a number of accredited courses. Please browse the website for details.
This course is suitable for anyone interested in wedding photography; there are no formal entry requirements.
You will learn about the different approaches to wedding photography currently in use today, i.e. traditional formal; reportage and how to prepare for the day with the bride and groom and establishing what they want and plan the day with them.
You will learn how to select the most essential equipment to take with you to photograph a wedding, and when to use it and what to look for in the locations and backgrounds as well as what to avoid.
You will learn how to use different camera exposure controls to achieve the best effects for the many different shots you will take at a wedding and understand and how to create good techniques of lighting (including how to use flash), posing of individuals, couples and groups, and expression and the many options for presenting the preview and final images to the clients.
Your learning will be assessed at the end of the session by looking at your work during the workshop and the results of the photos taken during the practical sessions. Your downloaded images will be projected onto a screen for the class to see, and feedback given.
A college certificate will be issued on request.
Please bring to class:-
1. A digital camera with controls for exposure settings (i.e. not just Auto) and the facility to use an external flash unit (i.e. having a hot shoe). All digital single lens reflex cameras have these properties, so these are the preferred types of camera for this course.
2. A standard zoom lens (18-55mm or thereabouts) is all you need for this workshop.
3. A lens hood.
4. A portable flash unit (but only if you have one).
5. An note pad and pen for any additional notes you may wish to make. Hand-outs will be given on all the main points we cover in the workshop.
6. A memory stick (1Gb or more) to download any information or images on the day.
Students are responsible for the purchase of materials relevant to the course; please see below.
Our part-time open event is held every June. For specific dates and times please see the events section of our website or telephone 023 8091 1270.
Apply by clicking on the APPLY NOW link on this page. Alternatively, you can apply by completing an application form through our Adult and Community Learning team by telephone 023 8091 1270 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Fees will apply if you are over 18. You may be eligible for fee support or a loan. To find out an accurate cost, based on your individual circumstances, please contact our Adult and Community Learning team.
|C121Y||Eastleigh College||17/3/2018||Sat||09:30 – 13:30||1||£40.00||£40.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Adult and Community Learning team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1270.
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.
In a sector which is disproportionately led by males, Chief Executive and Principal of Eastleigh College, Dr Jan Edrich, recently chaired the Women’s Leadership Network (WLN) Annual Conference, speaking of her own journey to senior leadership, and to inspire the leaders of tomorrow.
Students from the the Foundation Diploma in Art, Design and Media were proud to launch ‘Transcience’, an art exhibition displaying their final year projects.