Eve studies Art, Design & Media (Fashion & Textiles pathway) and would like to continue her studies at University before becoming a fashion designer.READ FULL STORY…
Learners can progress to our Adobe Photoshop Improvers course or to another higher level course within the college.
The course is suitable for beginners with no prior knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
You will learn a wide variety of skills and techniques, including:
* correcting common faults in digital images;
* how to Crop and Straighten;
* how to use Levels and Curves to change and correct exposure problems in a picture;
* other techniques for adjusting exposure including Dodge and Burn, and desaturing a picture;
* how to change and correct colours in a picture;
* how to remove objects from a picture, from dust spots to larger things;
* repairing a damaged image;
* selecting and working on part of a image;
* understanding layers and how to combine images into a collage;
* adding text and text effects, including 3D;
* how to create animated GIF files;
* using Filters to create special effects.
The tutor will also aim to include into the course any requests that you may have.
An Eastleigh College certificate is available on request following completion of the course.
Students will learn by demonstration via data projector and one to one coaching. The course is primarily hands on learning for students.
The college uses Adobe Photoshop CC running on Microsoft Windows PCs. Please note that Photoshop Elements is a different product and, although there are similarities, and support materials are available for Elements, you will need to do some extra work at home to translate between the two.
Please bring a pen and paper/notepad to the first class. You may want to bring a memory stick later in the course. A camera is not an essential item for this course. All graphics are supplied by tutor.
Students are responsible for the purchase of materials relevant to the course.
Our part-time open event is held every June. For specific dates and times please see the events section of our website or telephone 023 8091 1270.
Apply by clicking on the APPLY NOW link on this page. Alternatively, you can apply by completing an application form through our Adult and Community Learning team by telephone 023 8091 1270 or via email at email@example.com.
*Fees will apply if you are over 18. You may be eligible for fee support or a loan. To find out an accurate cost, based on your individual circumstances, please contact our Adult and Community Learning team.
|C141A||Eastleigh College||30/10/2018||Tue||19:00 – 21:00||5||£74.00||£74.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Adult and Community Learning team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1270.
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.
In a sector which is disproportionately led by males, Chief Executive and Principal of Eastleigh College, Dr Jan Edrich, recently chaired the Women’s Leadership Network (WLN) Annual Conference, speaking of her own journey to senior leadership, and to inspire the leaders of tomorrow.
Students from the the Foundation Diploma in Art, Design and Media were proud to launch ‘Transcience’, an art exhibition displaying their final year projects.