We are a specialist care agency providing reliable, trained workers to quality care homes across the South of England and we are recruiting now! If you’re looking for a career in the health and social care field with employers who care about YOU, then apply now.
We are currently looking for outstanding people, for the following roles:
- Healthcare Assistants
- Support Workers
- Senior Healthcare Assistants
- Mental Health Support Workers
- Learning Disability Support Workers
- PBS Support Workers
- Kitchen Assistants
- Domestic Assistants
- Registered Nurses
When attending your interview, you are invited to outline which job role(s) you would be interested in and we can discuss this further.
Key Responsibilities and values include:
- Helping promote and maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the Service User, relatives, and carers.
- Contributing to a team approach to care, in conjunction with all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Contributing to the legality and accuracy of the Service User's Care Plan and or other reports and the effectiveness of the established communication/reporting system 24 hours a day.
- Participating in regular meetings and attending other meetings as requested.
- Providing support and assistance to registered staff.
- Preventing and minimizing any danger or risk to Service Users, visitors, coworkers, or yourselves in the clinical environment.
- Assisting in the maintenance of home cleanliness and tidiness and always adhering to infection control policy and procedures.
- Assisting the service user to ensure they can meet their individual dietary requirements.
- Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Listen to and support others and make time to do so.
- Seek, acknowledge and value others’ experiences and contributions.
- Acknowledge others’ beliefs.
- Be courteous and considerate to all.
- Treat others fairly and equally.
- Be honest and trustworthy and act with integrity.
- Encourage others to treat all staff with respect.
- Challenge the behaviour of staff who do not show respect to others.
- Representing Westgate Care Plus by being Punctual, Polite, Hardworking, and delivering a high standard of care.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a healthcare and social care role within the UK or have a willingness to learn and desire to have a career in care
- Have an NVQ level 2 or 3 in health and social care or willing to obtain.
- Caring and sensitive to the needs of others, especially vulnerable people or the sick or infirm.
- Ability and willingness to communicate with all personnel including Service Users, our Clients and our team.
- Diligent and good at following instructions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Teamwork skills.
- Responsible and reliable.
- GCSE C in English and Mathematics or equivalent.
- Driving Licence (Desirable).
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The postholder is required to familiarize themselves with all policies and procedures and to always comply with these. Failure to comply with any of these policies may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal. These policies do update, and therefore may need to be reviewed.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: market rate, depends on role secured
- 12-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: Remote