As an apprentice Dental Nurse, you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care. You will need to remain calm under pressure and able to put people at ease. You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career.
You daily activities could include: -
Assisting the dentist with providing treatments to patients
Setting up and cleaning surgery
Updating Patient Records
Preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
Adhering to practice policies and procedures
During your apprenticeship you will development the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments.
Waterside Dental Practice - Employer
Waterside Dental Practice is a private dentist in Hythe Southampton, providing a wide range of private dental treatments to both adults and children. Our team of highly skilled and friendly private dentists led by Dr Nikos Louskos are experienced in all areas of dentistry, from general preventative dentistry to cosmetic dentistry implants and orthodontic treatment.
Requirements and Prospects
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English are desirable. If you do not have these grades, you will be required to complete Functional Skills.
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- Prides themselves with a common sense ‘can do approach’
- Hard working
- Must be a team player
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
- Reliable approach and have a passion to start a career as a dental nurse
Possibility of ongoing employment and further development following completion of the dental nursing qualification.
- Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- On the job training
We advise candidates to check the location of the setting before applying. If you are using public transport, please ensure you have researched the route and that a regular and reliable service is available. Your application will be rejected if you live too far away. For Dental Nursing, it is a requirement to have a course of Hepatitis B and Covid Vaccines and a clear enhanced DBS.
Waterside Dental practice