Yearly salary: £19,824 - £20,600 (plus 10% shift allowance)
As a lifeguard you will be part of a highly motivated and organised Southampton Sport team responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient daily operation of the facilities. Based at the Jubilee Sports Centre on Highfield Campus you will be responsible for:
- Working on poolside as a lifeguard
- Working in the changing rooms to assist users and clean the area
- Ensuring the facilities are correctly set up to for the next booking such as basketball, badminton, volleyball etc.
- Assisting senior members of staff with the running of the building including the gym
There is a requirement to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which will be conducted during the offer process.
You will be working set hour working patterns, 36 hours a week averaged over a number of weeks for full-time work.
If you do not have a lifeguard qualification then no problem, we would still want to hear from you, & we can help locate a course for you. You should be able to achieve the following:
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
- Climb out unaided without ladders/steps
Our lifeguard roles are a fantastic opportunity to commence, or continue your career in the leisure and sporting industry! You are unlikely to find a better paid lifeguard role in the surrounding area of Southampton, we are also keen to develop our team with internal and external opportunities.
Those wanting to join us will be given full training in order to fulfill the role.
The next steps would be for potential candidates to share their CV with us at email@example.com.
We also offer causal part-time work if youare still studying.