Peter Green Furnishers began life in 1956 as a bed shop in Eastleigh. We have become a well known, family owned business committed to value, service and price.
What’s Important to Us
- Our Customers
- Our Service
- Our Peter Green Family
- Value for all
- Honesty and Integrity
Purpose and Responsibilities
The purpose of the Coffee Shop Assistant is to serve customers efficiently with food and drink orders and take payments. Assist in preparation of café and counters before, during and at the end of service. This role is part-time, 8 hours per week, 4 hours per day over Saturday and Sunday.
- Serve customers with food and beverages in an efficient and friendly manner
- Maintain excellent health and safety standards, at all times
- Ensure coffee shop and kitchen areas are kept clean and hygienic and exceeds standards set by environmental health
- Maintain quality control for all food served
- Wait and clean table
- Food preparations
- Making hot and cold beverages
- Provide a prompt service
- Establishes and maintains outstanding relations with customers
- Handle cash and card payments
- Maintain dining ambiance with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Respond to customer complaints tactfully and professionally.
- Report customer feedback to improve the customer’s experience.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- You’ll possess great experience in working with customers.
- You will ideally hold or be studying for a qualification in hospitality.
- You will be a company ambassador and uphold our values when face to face and on the telephone.
- You will possess and maintain excellent product knowledge in your area.
- You may have experience in food service from a similar organisation, or specialist hospitality knowledge.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You will enjoy working in a people orientated business.
- You will enjoy change, spinning lots of plates, and learning an environment that moves fast.
- You will have a good understanding of profit and loss, waste management and a commercial minded approach to running your area.
People in our Peter Green family are often committed to the cause, honest, friendly and act with integrity.
Our people are our key to success, and will have many of the following attributes:
- Being a commercial thinker and working in ways that delivers profit to the business.
- Kind and Honest, acting with integrity,
- Excellent at creating trust between customers and each other.
- A forward thinker, proactive and
- Accountable for their own work, objectives and behaviour.
- Speak up, ask questions
- Collaborative and inclusive.
Email CV to: Adam.Mills@petergreen.co.uk