About the role:
Join the UK’s largest infrastructure group and work on some of the biggest projects the world has ever seen. Projects that will support and shape the world of tomorrow for millions of people and enable you to build a successful career.
Balfour Beatty is also a leading member of the 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies. The 5% Club, members aspire to achieve 5% of their workforce in earn and learn positions (including apprentices, sponsored students, and graduates on formalised training programmes)
What you'll be doing:
- To provide visitors with a first-class service at reception by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing appropriately. Ensuring the reception desk and surrounding areas are kept tidy, presentable and safe at all times
- Maintain office security ensuring all visitors are signed in, inducted & provided with a visitor’s badge.
- Responsible for answering queries and offering information in a variety of methods
- Provide a responsive service for all customer requests. Ensure that the telephone is manned at all times
- Ensure all appropriate information is collected from customers to enable delivery of a right first-time approach, resolving enquiry at point of contact where possible.
- Ensure requests through all channels are responded to in a timely, responsive manner
- All requests related to the service are accurately and timely logged onto the Confirm system and allocated to the appropriate individual.
- Develop solutions to customer issues in a proactive manner to remove the need for reactive customer contact, providing additional support to customer to appropriately manage expectations.
- Take deliveries and arrange for collection or delivery to appropriate persons or department
- Booking of pool cars, bikes, projectors etc.
- Booking of Training and Meeting Rooms, Travel etc
- General Administration tasks – daily office checks, general admin requests etc.
- Assist with the actioning of requests in the department’s inboxes
- Data inputting into Databases and Spreadsheets
- Coordinating front desk activities e.g. dealing with incoming and outgoing mail
- Filing, photocopying, archiving and binding as and when required
- Undertake office facilities management tasks
- Event/Meeting Organisation, preparing the room, providing tea, coffee, organizing lunch. To include cleaning up after events
- Minute Taking
- Support ad hoc tasks at times of need e.g. consultation events, survey inputting etc.
This role will be based in Southampton.
Who we're looking for:
- You will need a minimum of five GCSE’s at grades 9-4 or A-C including Maths, English and Science
- Have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Be highly customer focused with a can-do attitude.
- Ideally hold a full UK drivers’ licence at the time of joining
- Eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of joining
Why work for us:
Alongside the amazing opportunity, support and pride that you’ll gain from developing your career with one of the world’s foremost infrastructure giants, you’ll also enjoy:
- Accredited Apprenticeship Programme with Balfour Beatty
- Part of a structured development programme
- Support from line manager
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to grow your career at Balfour Beatty
- At the end of your programme you will receive your qualification in your chosen apprenticeship programme
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more. Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: applications are open until 31st May 2023, but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should application numbers reach a maximum before this date.