Early Years Practitioner
Rotherly, The Westgate’s Nursery
Could you be the one...?
Are you that special person who would love to make a difference in children's care and education?
- Do you have a talent for being curious and creative?
- Are you interested in a “five-a-day” of singing and stories, not just fruit and veg?
- Could you be the one to support our children to learn and thrive?
- Are you looking for a fast-paced role, in which no two days are the same?
- Could you cope with days full of gorgeous little smiles and fun?
Rotherly, the Westgate Nursery is looking for another exceptional qualified person to join our team and we would love to hear from anyone who has the following talents:
- Has obtained English and Maths qualifications to GCSE Grade 4 or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Cheerful, flexible and approachable
- Has patience and imagination
- Uses initiative and works well within a team
- Is fun, caring and Level 3 NVQ childcare qualified
Rotherly is hiring! We adore working with these little ones, their wonderful families and a lovely team of colleagues.
We can offer
- A working pattern of just 37 hours per week
- 24 days paid leave, increasing to 27 days after 5 years, as well as Bank/Public holidays
- Benefits of local government Sick pay
- Automatic enrolment to a generous local government Pension scheme
- Free use of Westgate’s Health & Fitness suite
- Subsidised childcare costs within our nursery
- Opportunities for professional development led by qualified teachers and leaders, including access to the Apprenticeship Scheme
- KAAFA discounts for nursery colleagues via HCC local government employment
- A welcome bonus of £500 after 1 year
- Preferential admission to The Westgate School for employees' children after 2 years
- Modern, purpose-built setting
Permanent contract: commencing as soon as possible
37 hours per week, over 4 or 5 days
7.45am to 6.00pm (52 week per year contract)
(part-time or term time only would be considered for exceptional candidate)
Grade C, Salary £19,265 - £20,290 pa.
£500 bonus payment after completion of one year in role
Safeguarding Statement: The Westgate School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to a d Disclosure and barring Check as well as other relevant pre-employment checks.
Equalities Statement: In order to combat discrimination, no unnecessary conditions or requirements will be applied which could have a disproportionately adverse effect on any one group. All sections of the population will have equal access to jobs. No applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership and pregnancy or maternity, unless a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) applies.
Visits are welcome, please contact Liz Woodall by email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
Please go to http://www.westgate.hants.sch.uk/vacancies for the job description and application form. Return completed forms to email@example.com