Traineeships offer the opportunity for employers to shape potential talent for the growth of their business.
A traineeship is a skills development programme that includes a work placement. It can last from 6 weeks up to 1 year (although most will last for less than 6 months). Traineeships help 16 to 24 year olds - or 25 year olds with an education, health and care (EHC) plan - get ready for an apprenticeship or job if they don’t have the appropriate skills or experience.
Benefits to employers:
- Low cost and relevant - Funded by the government and sector focused
- Flexible - Employers are able to tailor the programme to suit the needs of both the individual and their business
- Improves the agility and adaptability of your workforce
- Increases capacity and productivity by developing a loyal and talented workforce
- Mentor for success - Personal development opportunities for current employees
- Recruitment pipeline - Engaging a trainee is a fantastic opportunity to see what it might be like to take on an apprentice within your business without committing to a full programme.
Eastleigh College can access funding to deliver 19-24 traineeships. To register your interest, contact our Apprenticeships and Training team by emailing email@example.com or by calling 023 8091 1195.
[The information on this page applies to all traineeships from September 2020 and will be updated as more detail and guidance comes out. Further information here www.gov.uk/guidance/traineeship-information-for-employers]