A wave of post-Covid-19 change is presenting Solent businesses with new opportunities and imperatives. Added to this, major trends are reshaping technical workforces of the future including the convergence of multiple new technologies and shifting global value chains. It’s no surprise that many businesses report difficulties filling positions that require specialist, work ready knowledge, skills and behaviours.
Eastleigh College supports employers by providing a range of quality-assured training programmes that meet the needs of their businesses. These include:
- Fully workplace-based qualifications
- Part-Time qualifications (based on site at Eastleigh College)
- Online Learning courses
The College also offers a range of free-of-charge employer services, including:
- If you are in the process of recruiting a new employee, we can help you find a suitable apprentice programme for them
- If you want to find a new apprentice we can do all the initial recruitment for you, presenting you with a shortlist for final interview. We have many pre-qualified apprentice applicants looking for employers who have transferred to our full time vocational courses because they are currently without an employer.
- Click here for our latest Apprenticeship vacancies
- Training Needs Analysis
- Access to Funding
- Safeguarding support for employers of young people and vulnerable adults. The College has a dedicated team of Safeguarding First Responders and a Safeguarding Panel who make sure students studying at Eastleigh College are safe and supported. See our Safeguarding Policy.
Quality training solutions
Apprenticeships must be of the highest quality to offer great opportunities for people and businesses. To achieve the most comprehensive, reliable, quality-assured, apprentice training provision possible, we have developed a strong quality and compliance culture including:
- A dedicated quality assurance and compliance team who ensure our delivery is in line with funding body, awarding body and Ofsted requirements.
- A network of training provider subcontractors who we might call upon, as required, to complement our own facilities, resources and specialist expertise.
- A partnerships team who ensure that our subcontracted training provides the same level of learning experience that we strive to maintain across our main campuses. For details see our Subcontracting Policy
Confirmed COVID-19 Cases at Eastleigh College
Late on Monday 19 October we were made aware of two confirmed COVID-19 cases at the College. We have been able to confirm that neither case is related or connected in any way. The two affected learners are now self-isolating and having worked with the Hampshire Protection Team we have confirmed that the last date for isolation of the two affected learners is Saturday 24 October. Read more
VIVID and Eastleigh College collaborate on community event for Get Online Week
To mark the beginning of ‘Get Online Week!’ Eastleigh College joined up with VIVID as part of a campaign to help combat digital and social exclusion across the UK. We hosted free, face to face and socially distanced, sessions for VIVID customers.