Do you bring training in-house or outsource to experts?
With the Government’s 'Plan for Jobs' skills and employment programmes now well underway, employers are reconsidering their options. Eastleigh College provides the following training and support solutions which can be tailored to unlock the full potential of your business.
Quality-assured vocational training programmes to raise standards of excellence
Browse the full range of courses for employers by subject area or dive into the course listings by category including:
- Higher Education courses
- Access courses for University and Higher Education
- Functional skills training in Maths and digital skills
- Functional skills training in English
- Online VRQs
Up to date advice and guidance
Eastleigh College business development consultants help businesses to:
- Gain accurate, up to date advice and guidance to get the most out of the funding and grants available
- Identify course options and develop training plans aligned to organisational goals, objectives, values and plans for growth,
- Schedule refresher sessions as required to maintain certifications and licences
- Fill apprentice vacancies. We have many pre-qualified apprentice applicants looking for employers. We can also advertise your apprenticeship vacancies for you.
- Set up traineeships for 18-24 year olds we’ll advertise the work experience placement for you. Government information about offering a trainee work experience (opens in a new window) explains that trainee work placements must last at least 100 hours and if your trainee gets unemployment benefits the placement can’t last longer than 8 weeks. You don’t have to pay trainees or give them expenses.
- Offer work experience opportunities for young people. Work experience and employability forms a vital part of both the Government's Plan for Jobs and our provision for school leavers. We have a dedicated team of work experience coordinators who make the process straightforward. Telephone 02380 911164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Support services for adult learners to build a culture of lifelong learning
As one of the largest training providers in the Solent region, Eastleigh College has established award winning support services for adult learners studying at Eastleigh College to help engage staff and get the most out of investments in training.
Supported Internship Programmes
Eastleigh College has fantastic success rates for students who complete our Supported Internship full-time course and is winner of the high profile 2020 ACC Apprenticeship Award for SEND Apprenticeship Champion.
A supported internship is one type of study programme specifically aimed at young people aged 16 to 24 who have an Education, Health and Care plan (EHCP) and want to move into employment. The overwhelming majority of young people with SEN are capable of sustainable paid employment with the right preparation and support. Contact Liz Wright email@example.com, Lead Job Coach, Supported Learning at the Eastleigh College for more information.
To help cover the costs of practical support in the workplace for supported interns, find out about the Department for Work and Pensions' Access to Work funding (opens in a new window).
Bespoke training days and business outreach
We have the expertise and facilities to help organisations who have a mission to improve specific skills or raise awareness of key operational issues. For example: Safe working with electricity & gas; Community taster days in digital skills with VIVID for 'Get Online' week
The Prime Minister announced that GCSE and A level exams would not take place this summer, and that vocational examinations would continue as planned. We understand how disappointing and concerning this news is and the College seeks to reassure all learners, parents, guardians and employers that the College will seek to ensure no learner is disadvantaged and that we will work to provide as much information and guidance as possible as soon as information is available to us. Read more.
Eastleigh careers advisor excels at Hampshire Education Awards
Eastleigh College’s Lead Careers Advisor, Trudy McKenzie, impressed the judges at Hampshire Country Council's annual Education Awards and scooped the 'Futures Award' for her excellence and achievements, and the positive impact she has had on learners' future career progression.