In response to the pandemic the College identified a number of commitments as to how it can contribute to, lead and proactively collaborate to serve communities and employers during the immediate Covid-19 recovery. Download the full brochure here.
Support our pledge
We are proud to promote the aligned, responsive and trusted organisations who are supporters of our pledge. If you wish to share your commitment to improving employability and skills all you need to do is complete our Support Our Pledge form.
Our pledge has been developed in partnership with a number of our stakeholders and made possible by adjusting the normal use of our existing funding, and following positive dialogue with our funders about existing flexibilities. As a key anchor institution in our region we recognise our responsibility to both lead and proactively collaborate to deliver the following in the 2020/21 academic year:
- That we will train a minimum of 500 new apprentices.
- A guaranteed place for all eligible adults wanting to enrol on one of our flexible, supportive and high quality full or part time Access or Higher Education (HE) courses.
- A guaranteed place for all eligible full time 16-18 students whether school, or College leaver whose ambition is to pursue a professional or technical career through one of our courses.
- Committing Adult Skills funding to retraining, supporting the unemployed, upskilling, or to provide a pathway to an apprenticeship.
- Continuing to bring communities together by committing to maintaining and seeking to grow our regional Adult and Community Learning offer whether through socially distanced and / or online delivery methods.
- That we will provide a Covid secure learning environment which combined with our proven ability to deliver learning online will ensure we continue to meet government requirements. Therefore this will enable us to maintain all of our provision whether delivered onsite, online or a combination of both however the Covid-19 pandemic develops.
Eastleigh College in Top 50 Most Inclusive Workplaces Index 2021
The recent NCFD FREDIE Awards put Eastleigh College in 48th place in the Top 100 Most Inclusive Workplaces Index 2021. The College began working with the National Centre for Diversity (NCFD) in 2020 to further embed its workplace values of ambition, respect, resilience and professionalism in all college activities.
Digital focus for Eastleigh’s new deputy principal
Eastleigh College has appointed a new deputy principal who will be responsible for the delivery of a growing curriculum as well as spearheading the college’s digital development with learners and staff alike.