Employing an apprentice is easier than you think and there’s financial support and help available from the government.
Apprenticeships are an exciting option for both apprentice and employer.
You can employ apprentices at different levels, from school leavers and university graduates, to people who want to further their careers or change career direction completely.
You can hire someone new or upskill an existing employee.
As an employer, you can get funding from the government to help pay for apprenticeship training.
The benefits for your business
A recent Government survey found that hiring an apprentice is a productive and effective way to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.
- 86% of employers said apprenticeships helped them develop skills relevant to their organisation
- 78% of employers said apprenticeships helped them improve productivity
- 74% of employers said apprenticeships helped them improve the quality of their product or service
Other benefits of working with apprentices include:
- you can adapt their training according to the needs of your business
- they’re motivated to learn new skills
- you can expand and upskill your workforce
Gas Safety Week 2021 marks busy year for Eastleigh’s Gas Assessment Centre
The eleventh national campaign to raise awareness of gas safety took place last week and marks the end of a busy year at the Gas Assessment Centre (GAC) in Eastleigh where candidates qualify for both home and business ‘gas safe’ registration. Within the past 12 months the BPEC approved assessment centre has been restructured and expanded to accommodate an increased apprentice intake.
Counselling courses are ‘life-changing’ say HE Learners
Counselling is a continuously evolving career choice and the new DipHE Counselling Diploma qualifications at Eastleigh College are proving popular with learners looking to take their next steps towards this fulfilling and impactful career path. Diploma-qualified counsellors now have the option to top up their counselling diploma (DipHE) to a Bachelor degree with Eastleigh College.