The Eastleigh College experts team can help you to:
- Gain accurate, up to date advice and guidance to get the most out of the funding and grants available
- Identify course options and develop training plans aligned to organisational goals, objectives, values and plans for growth,
- Schedule refresher sessions as required to maintain certifications and licences
- Fill apprentice vacancies. We have many pre-qualified apprentice applicants looking for employers. We can also advertise your apprenticeship vacancies for you.
- Set up traineeships for 18-24 year olds we’ll advertise the work experience placement for you. Government information about offering a trainee work experience (opens in a new window) explains that trainee work placements must last at least 100 hours and if your trainee gets unemployment benefits the placement can’t last longer than 8 weeks. You don’t have to pay trainees or give them expenses.
- Offer work experience opportunities for young people. Work experience and employability forms a vital part of both the Government's Plan for Jobs and our provision for school leavers. We have a dedicated team of work experience coordinators who make the process straightforward. Telephone 02380 911164 or email email@example.com
Proposed Institute of Technology is a step closer in the Solent region
Eastleigh College is one of six FE and HE providers collaborating with Solent University in a bid to become the first Institute of Technology (IOT) in the Solent LEP region. The proposal is to create an IOT specialising in digital technologies, engineering and marine.
920 learners gain Mental Health Awareness
Ahead of Mental Health Awareness Week all learners aged between 16 and 19 currently studying at Eastleigh College were offered an extra fully-funded short course to raise awareness of the issues surrounding mental health difficulties. Over 920 learners took part.